After a couple of last minute scares, Alpha-2 is out the door.
The Linaro team is pleased to announce the availability of the 11.05
Alpha-2 images. These are still very early developer images but we
encourage all with supported hardware to use and test them by
Highlights of this release include:
* Added Gumstix Overo support.
* New Developer image including console base developer tools.
* Complete rewrite of the installation tools (linaro-image-tools) to
improve the user experience.
* A staggering 141 out of 160 packages have been upgraded since
The images consist of two parts. A hardware pack which can be found
under the ./hwpacks directory which contains hardware specific packages
such as the kernel and bootloader. The second part is the rootfs which
is combined with the hardware pack to create a complete image. For
information on how to create an image please see:
More information on Linaro in general and the 11.05 plans can be
* Homepage: http://www.linaro.org
* Wiki: http://wiki.linaro.org
* 11.05: http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/1105
Also subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC
channels to stay on top of Linaro developments:
#linaro on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net
For any errata issues please see:
Bug reports for this release should be filed in Launchpad against the
individual packages that are affected, if a suitable package cannot be
identified, feel free to assign them to:
Linaro Release Manager
Read more over on the Linaro wiki.