Hot on the heals of the Ubuntu Alpha-3 announcement, please all welcome Linaro Alpha-3.
Well, it’s that time again, please all welcome Linaro Alpha 3 into the
world. This will be the final release before the beta version arrives
at the end of August and signals Linaro’s continued maturity towards
the final November image.
Highlights of this release include:
- A small Linaro headless image with basic OMAP3 beagle board support
(reported working on other architectures with minimal changes).
- A new software archive rebuild with GCC 4.4.4, CodeSourcery
enhancements and ARM-related improvements.
- Support for opengl ES development through MESA.
- GPS support via gypsy and geoclue.
- Netbook user interface capabilities with the latest EFL software
More Information on this development release as well as download and
installation instructions can be found at:
More information on Linaro in general and the 10.11 plans can be found
- Homepage: http://www.linaro.org
- Wiki: http://wiki.linaro.org
- 10.11: http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/1011
Also subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC
channels to stay on top of Linaro developments:
- Announcements: http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/linaro-announce
- Development: http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/linaro-dev
- IRC: #linaro on irc.freenode.net
For any errata issues please see:
Bug reports for this release should be filed in Launchpad against the
individual packages that are affected, if a suitable package cannot be
identified, please feel free to assign them to:
Linaro Release Manager
The original announcement can be found here.